We do not recommend dishwashering knives for a number of reasons:
- Dishwasher salt is corrosive and will ‘eat’ into the steel on the knives causing rusting issues.
- The heat in dishwashers can react with the metal in the handle causing it to expand. This in turn could cause cracking of the handle.
- The heat and salt in dishwashers turn the stunning black handles into charcoal looking handles over time.
- If you place a knife blade-down in the dishwasher basket, you are blunting it unneccesarily. If you place a knife blade-up – this is an extreme health hazzard when it comes to removing it from the dishwasher.
- Dishwashering of I.O.Shen knives invalidates the guarantee.
As long as you take care of your knives, they come with a 10 year guarantee. This does not mean that they will stay sharp for 10 years, it means that they will not break or fall apart!
The motor of the KE198 has a comprehensive 2 year guarantee (for domestic use only) and the wheels are guaranteed for life. There are no spare or accessories needed for this machine.
Belts are ripped when the knife enters the machine at an awkward angle and clips the side of the belt.
For right-handed users, line up the sharpening grooves with your right shoulder (left-handed users, vice-versa), not with the centre of your body.
You are now in the perfect position to sharpen your knives and belts cannot break.